close
re-upload suddenly not allowed in here

Dear members,

some artists no longer allow the re-uploading of their works more in here.
Never was it a problem that their works are here, but suddenly it became one.

You are prohibited from uploading here.

What should we do now?

Ignore and continue to upload as before.

Or...

Accept and stop uploading.

What would you do?
Consider, other sites invite the works highly continue.

What artists?

Andre said:
What artists?

Oh, no one special. I am interested in what we should do then.

After all, WC, rule34, e621 and co. was created so users can also see pictures of fA, IB and Co without having to log in there. Or not?

Am I wrongly informed?

Yami-Crypto said:
Am I wrongly informed?

Not so much wrongly informed as it is that you're being vague; as Andre has asked, who are the artists that have told you and/or you've seen deactivate their accounts on various artwork sites such that their pictures are DNP? Not only that, which posts, if any, do you know of that shouldn't have been uploaded publicly here on WC?

Unless you have specific examples, the owner Spike has actually set a precedent for this site that the art all artists make for free is fair game for upload regardless of their personal viewpoint on how their art is shared; only paid content can technically be marked DNP under this scenario.

Taken directly from this image, https://en.wikifur.com/w/images/d/d6/Pawsie_and_free_art.png, where Spike is talking with an artist on Inkbunny disgruntled that their art is being uploaded to WC:

Spike said:

1) The site is free. If you want privilege you mostly just have to ask for it. [Wildcritters.ws] does not gain a penny. For the page http://wildcritters.ws/help/users, that's the default for Danbooru. If you paid, you paid for the privilege for http://danbooru.donmai.us/ which is what danbooru is based from. I apologize for that confusion.

2) Unless you [sic] copyrighted work is used to make a profit, your work will remain on the site. You can request to have it hidden, but it will remain on the site.

3) If you wish to try to get your work off the site, you have to do it with a court order. In other words, you would have to sue me and win. In the USA we have copyright laws, but we have an exception known as fair use. Fair Use allows a person to infringe a copyright under 4 strict guidelines. WC clearly follows half of them.

4) I understand you are upset that I took liberties with your work. My only explanation is that I believe it is generally better that it's spread out far and wide for other likely fans to find and enjoy it. Even against the will of the artist.

Note that I don't share this viewpoint with Spike; after all, angering artists means we won't be able to enjoy more of their work if they stop creating because of this.

Yami-Crypto said:
Dear members,

some artists no longer allow the re-uploading of their works more in here.
Never was it a problem that their works are here, but suddenly it became one.

You are prohibited from uploading here.

What should we do now?

Ignore and continue to upload as before.

Or...

Accept and stop uploading.

What would you do?
Consider, other sites invite the works highly continue.

Pawise already stated he won't remove any images on site, and as stated, we can hide them from public access whereas only privileged or higher can see them, and those aren't exactly given away on the spot.

Anyways, this isn't e621.net as we don't do artist takedowns unless Pawsie allows it. Even I can't remove them, but I do privatize them whenever the artist request it removed. To me remove = hide, and that's all I can do, really.